Learning Target: I can identify the intercepts, zeros, vertex, and variables of a quadratic function.
- IAN p. 98 – What do I know about a parabola?? Students were assigned a parabola to study and present to the class.
- Homework: If you did not already finish Khan Academy Parabolas intro exercises from Friday, make sure you finish it this evening.
If you weren’t here:
- Make up work is: to complete IAN p. 98 on graph paper: neatly graph each parabola listed below and clearly label (a) vertex, (b) axis of symmetry, (c) y-intercept, (d) x-intercept(s) and (e) concavity.
- y = x² – 2x – 8
- y = x² – 4x + 5
- y = x² – 6x + 5
- y = -x² + 2x – 1
- y = -x² + 4
- y = x² – 2x + 1
- y = -x² + 3x + 4
- y = x² + 5x + 1
- Tomorrow: IAN p. 99: practice quiz 1 – parabolas
- Wednesday: Quiz 1 over features of parabolas (class quiz)