Learning Target: I can write explicit and recursive formulas for a arithmetic sequence.
- DO NOW: Complete Frayer Models (IAN p. 68) for Recursive Formula and Explicit Formula (use Algebra Nation pp. 96-97 for reference)
- INSTRUCTION: Notes on IAN p. 68 – Recursive and Explicit Formulas
- CLASS WORK: IAN p. 69 – Sequences Graphic Organizer
NOT ALL CLASSES GOT TO THIS TODAY. IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE GRAPHIC ORGANIZER, PLEASE SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
- HOMEWORK: Khan Academy (2 assignments)
For students who did not receive the graphic organizer today:
- On your pink “Sequences A through P” sheet, find all 5 arithmetic sequences.
- For each arithmetic sequence, write a recursive formula.
- For each arithmetic sequence, write an explicit formula.
- For each arithmetic sequence, use the explicit formula to find the 12th term in the sequence.