Mrs. Hurley was out due to unforeseen circumstances. Please be prepared to take Quiz 7 tomorrow since you didn’t have it today. Be safe tonight!
Learning Targets 15 and 16: I can solve equations using Zero Product Property and solve power equations.
- CLASS WORK: IAN p. 38 – Independent Practice – Zero Product Property and Power Equations (Pink Handout)
- HOMEWORK: Practice Quiz
Learning Target 16: I can solve power equations.
- INSTRUCTION: Algebra Nation Section 2 Topic 5 – Power equations
- CLASS WORK: Try it! and Beat the test
- HOMEWORK: Power Equations Homework
Learning Target 15: I can solve equations using the Zero Product Property.
- Algebra Nation Section 2 Topic 4
- Homework: Khan Academy Zero product property
(Hour 3 – you may finish Thursday’s homework and turn in by Monday morning)
Learning Target 14: I can solve equations.
- Quiz 6
- Hour 1, 2, 5 Homework: On-Ramp to Algebra (clever.com/in/dpscd) – must be finished with Domain 3 by 10/31 – 60 points.
- Hour 3 homework: Pearson p. 483, #1-26
I can solve equations.
- Class Work – Scavenger Hunt Activity on IAN p. 37.
- You must not only solve each equation, but also you must list the properties you used with each step.
- Properties can be abbreviated:
- APE – Addition Property of Equality
- MPE – Multiplication Property of Equality
- DP – Distributive Property
- AP – Associative Property
- CP – Commutative Property
- CLT – Combining Like Terms
- Homework – Finish all IAN pages, A.N. pages, and Khan Academy that you have listed as missing or incomplete.
- Quiz will be Thursday instead of Wednesday, due to tomorrow’s abbreviated schedule for P/T Conferences.
- Students whose parents come to conferences and speak to me will earn extra credit.