Mrs. Hurley was out due to unforeseen circumstances. Please be prepared to take Quiz 7 tomorrow since you didn’t have it today. Be safe tonight!
Learning Target 15: I can solve equations using the Zero Product Property.
(Hour 3 – you may finish Thursday’s homework and turn in by Monday morning)
I can solve equations.
- Class Work – Scavenger Hunt Activity on IAN p. 37.
- You must not only solve each equation, but also you must list the properties you used with each step.
- Properties can be abbreviated:
- APE – Addition Property of Equality
- MPE – Multiplication Property of Equality
- DP – Distributive Property
- AP – Associative Property
- CP – Commutative Property
- CLT – Combining Like Terms
- Homework – Finish all IAN pages, A.N. pages, and Khan Academy that you have listed as missing or incomplete.
- Quiz will be Thursday instead of Wednesday, due to tomorrow’s abbreviated schedule for P/T Conferences.
- Students whose parents come to conferences and speak to me will earn extra credit.
Trail/Scavenger Hunt – Solving Equations Using Properties