- Class Work – IAN Pages 18 and 19
- Homework #4 – IAN Page 17 – Due Tuesday 9/19 by 6 a.m. (Hour 6 – please scroll down and do Friday’s homework, Homework #3, instead)
Learning Target 2: I can use order of operations.
(6th hour – ice cream social – no class work or homework for 6th hour students only.)
- Notes, IAN p. 14
- Class Work, IAN p. 15 (textbook p. 13, #9-35 odd)
- Homework, IAN p. 16, due Monday 9/18/17 at 6:00 a.m.
- Today we sorted ourselves into “houses” based on our temperaments. There will be a competition throughout the year to win the “house cup.”
- Today we also got back our quizzes and went over them. If you have a “not yet” grade you have 2 weeks to complete the Request for Requiz and re-take that quiz. Currently you have 0 points for that quiz until you re-quiz.
- Homework due Friday 9/15/17: On IAN pages 12 and 13, complete a metacognitive log for textbook Chapter 1-2 (page 10, page 11, page 12). I will check your book in the morning to make sure you have done your homework.
No homework tonight because I didn’t get online in time to post it before 4 p.m. You get a small break. We’ll go back to our regularly scheduled homework tomorrow. Have a good evening.
Learning Target 1: I can write an algebraic expression.
Learning Target 1: I can write an algebraic expression
Notes: IAN Page 8
Class Work and Homework: IAN Page 9
Homework is due Tuesday 9/12/17 by 6 a.m.
We just talked Friday about reading textbooks/metalogs, and today I ran across this tumblr/studyblr post about the same. These are not written by teachers, but rather by students quite like you. Enjoy!
Today we learned how to do a metacognitive log, and then we practiced by reading textbook pp. 4, 5, 6 and completing a metacognitive log on IAN pages 5 and 6.
Notes, IAN p. 4:
We’ve had a great few days getting settled in this week.
Parents/Guardians, please complete the acknowledgement sheet with your contact information. It’s attached to the syllabus your student will be bringing home, and is due Monday. If you didn’t receive it for some reason, you can see it here.
I’m looking forward to a great year!