Learning Target 5: I can multiply powers with the same base.
- Class Work: IAN p. 32 (If you were absent you can print the handout here: The Product Rule Exponent Rules)
- Homework: IAN p. 33 (top half of the page only please)
Learning Target #4: I can simplify expressions involving zero exponents and negative exponents.
- Notes: IAN p. 30
- Learning Activity – Quiz-Quiz-Trade (nothing written, just practice)
- Homework 11 due Friday 9/29 by 6 a.m. Complete this homework on IAN p. 31.
Don’t forget to send your parent/guardian to open house today from 2 to 4 p.m. You can receive extra credit if I see your parent/guardian.
Learning Target 4: I can simplify expressions involving zero exponents and negative exponents.
- We took Quiz 3 over Learning Target 3, I can classify, graph and compare real numbers.
- We had sustained silent reading.
- Homework 10 is due tomorrow, Thursday, 9/28/17 by 6 a.m.
Learning Target 3: I can classify, graph, and compare real numbers
- Class Work IAN p. 27-28: textbook p. 20-21, #37-49 odd, 52-68 all.
- Homework: selected textbook problems due Wednesday 9/27 by 6am.
- Study for tomorrow’s Quiz over Learning Target 3
- Tomorrow is SSR – don’t forget to bring your book to read.
- Tomorrow is early release – 1:30 p.m.
- Tomorrow is open house from 2-4 p.m. – extra credit for all algebra students whose parent/guardian attends.
Learning Target 3: I can classify, graph and compare real numbers.
- Notes: IAN p. 24 – the real number system graphic organizer. If you were not in class today due to the half-day, please go ahead and get these notes down in your IAN – you can just draw the boxes if you don’t have the handout.
- Class Work: IAN p. 25-26 – textbook p. 20, #9-35 odd
- Homework: Select class work problems due Tuesday 9/26 by 6am.